What is Pilkington’s Activ Clear Glass?
Pilkington Activ™ Clear – overview
Pilkington Activ™ Clear is an on-line coated self-cleaning glass with photo-catalytic and hydrophilic properties.
Pilkington Activ™ Clear is the perfect choice for situations where cleaning is difficult or costly, such as high-rise buildings, glass roof structures, conservatories and atria, or in housing for use by elderly residents. It is also ideal where good visibility is important, for example, in sports stadiums, commentary boxes, airports and external walkways.
Pilkington Activ™ Clear offers following benefits:
Pilkington Activ™ range offers following benefits:
- The latest technology, exclusive, prestige product Pilkington Activ™ both breaks down organic dirt and helps it to be washed away,
- A chemical reaction that uses UV light to break down and detach particles of organic dirt from the glass,
- Water spreads evenly over the glass surface to form a thin film, helping to wash dirt away, and drying off quickly,
- Windows carry on cleaning themselves, even on cloudy days,
- Improved vision while raining, and afterwards,
- Windows never need drying – even after hosing down,
- Saves time and money – makes Pilkington Activ™ideal for hard-to-reach glazing such as skylights,
- More friendly to the environment than ordinary glass,
- Windows look good for longer,
- Pilkington Activ™ Clear is virtually indistinguishable from ordinary glass.
- Self-cleaning properties reduce the need for manual cleaning, saving water and eliminating potentially harmful run-off from expensive detergents, also increasing personal safety,
- Works even on cloudy days and during the night,
- Highly durable pyrolytic on-line coating that lasts the lifetime of the glass,
- Can be laminated, toughened, bent and enamelled using standard techniques,
- Can be used in its monolithic form or incorporated in insulating glass units (coating on surface #1), for instance with Pilkington K Glass™, Pilkington Energy Advantage™or Pilkington Optitherm™ range to offer additional thermal insulation properties,
- Available in combination with Pilkington Optilam™for impact resistance or increased security, Pilkington Optiphon™ for improved noise reduction, Pilkington Optitherm™ S3 and Pilkington Optitherm™ S1 for additional thermal insulation properties,
- Available in a range of different sizes and thicknesses (4, 6, 8 and 10 mm),
- Achieves Class A according to EN 1096 for coated glass,
- Achieves ASTM C 1376 standard specification.